upthecreek

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 19, 2007


HAPPY BIRTHDAY

to

Louisa Childress Halford

4 lbs. 12 oz.
17 inches


This is how I spent my 7th anniversary. I was just messing around the house trying to wait out the time until Spencer got home by keeping the kids up as long as I could before their nap time. I get a phone call from Celia (she sounded very panicked and I was very worried) telling me that Amy and Blair are at the hospital (they are expecting a baby October 10th), so I get on the phone and talk to Blair and then Amy. She was having early contractions, but they seem to have things under control. I am relieved to talk to them, but I still wanted to go to the hospital (East Cooper) to see Amy for myself. When I get there Amy is doing better, and the doctor was expecting her to go home in the morning. That was at about 2pm. At 2:30 we are sitting there, and Amy has 3 bad contractions in a row, and then she tells Blair and me that she thinks her water broke. So, as I am panicking in the waiting room, they start getting her ready to go to MUSC. I am joined by Jon next, and we make our way to MUSC and then we are joined by Betsy. We are told to go to the waiting room while they get Amy settled in her room. So by this time Amy's friend Katherine joins us too. The next thing we know at about 5 pm, Blair is coming out telling us it is a girl! We were all in shock, but relieved because Louisa seems to be doing great. Louisa immediately started crying and is breathing on her own. What a scary start, but we are so happy to have her here with us. We love you so much Louisa, and we have a very excited little boy here who really wants to meet his new cousin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home