upthecreek

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Sunday, December 10, 2006

What?

Okay, first I must start out by saying that overall we had a great time. Jake had his Christmas party this year before Christmas. Usually it isn't until the first week in January. We were there, my parents, Jon and Heather, Blair and Amy, the Finkbines, Amy's sister, Betsy, and brother-in-law, Lesley, Dorothy and Gregg, Nancy and DuBose, Julie and Charles, Scott and Evelyn, Tim Cook, Jake's neighbor and of course Normadie and Jake and all the children that apply. It was a beautiful day, and everyone had a lot of fun. i know I was until it was dinner time. My wonderful and glorious child, Spencer, decided he didn't want to eat his food, but in order to get dessert, he had to eat it. So, he asked me to help him (meaning he wanted me to feed him). I agreed and gave him a big bite of food. He instantly started to gag. I told him to stop, but of course he didn't, so I told him to come to the bathroom with me. I was going to get him to spit the food out in there. As soon as I get in the bathroom, I turn around and he is in the doorway throwing up. I couldn't believe it. When we got over our shock, Spencer kept saying, "It was too much food." Then he says, "Are you sorry that you gave me too much food?" Now, my mom says he didn't do it on purpose, but I think he did. I think everyone could actually see the steam flowing out of my ears. Anyway, I just have to keep reminding myself that he is only three, and I love him so much.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    Aileen, I know it probably wasn't funny at the time... but I can't help but get a chuckle out of it now! I'm sure my days are numbered and James and Maddox will both say things like that to me - but you're right, we love them regardless!

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger aileen said…

    You just wait. I can chuckle about it now too.

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Anne said…

    Oh my! I'm sure you handled it way better than I would have. The things our children do to throw us under the bus and get what they want - it always amazes me. And Legare is downright good at it...though he has never gone to quite such drastic measures.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home