upthecreek

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure

Well, some of you know that I was inspired by Amanda and Caroline this summer. Spencer and I started a running program called The Couch Potato to 5K. I can't remember exactly when we started, but I think it was like the last week in June. We decided that our goal would be to run the Race for the Cure on Daniel Island. It was soo hard even in the beginning when I was just jogging 60 seconds at a time. Well, today I achieved my goal. I ran, well jogged, the Race for the Cure 5K. Spencer didn't do it with me because we ended up not having a babysitter, but Amanda picked me up at the Pig and we went. I feel great that I actually did it because I was very nervous about it, and thought I would be too self conscious to do it. I guess my goal now will be to run in a race on Thanksgiving with a better time. Spencer will be doing that with me. Amanda got someone in the parking lot to take our picture before we left.


Thank you to my Mom, Amanda, Nancy and Dorothy who all called me to wish me luck and talk me into actually doing it. (I was trying to talk myself out of it since we didn't have the babysitter.)

5 Comments:

  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Woooo hoooo, Aileen!!! I am so excited for and proud of you!! You did a GREAT job. I was so glad to have you there with me this morning! Three more beers for us tonight... hee hee!

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Rossi said…

    You rock my world, sister! I look forward to hitting the pavement with you soon!!!

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Caroline said…

    You are AWESOME!!! I wish that I could have been on the street corner cheering you on. Sorry that my super cute nephew had his 1st b-day party on Saturday or I would have been there, with your children so that Spencer could have run with you.

    I cannot wait to be out there with you once this baby is born. We will all be skinny minnies in bikinis soon. Ha! Love ya!

     
  • At 6:58 AM, Blogger Anne said…

    Aileen, I am super impressed! Your Couch Potato plan really worked! If I had been here I would have kept the kids for you. WAY TO GO!!

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Way to go, Aileena! Wish we had been in town and could have watched the little ones for you! I am so proud of you! What an inspiration!!! You go, girl!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home