upthecreek

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Guys' Weekend

September 23rd
So, my wonderful and most deserving husband escaped this weekend to go to Garden City to his family's beach house with some of his guy friends. I think they had a wonderful time. Meanwhile, I had a pretty good Friday and got the kids to bed nice and early Friday night. Saturday morning I wake up to Eliza with a swollen eye. Not only is it swollen, it is all red where it is swollen. I knew she had gotten a bug bite near there the day before, so I wasn't too worried, and the swelling was going down. Then, we decided to take Pop and go see Legare play in a soccer game. It was good to get out of the house for a while, and we would get home in plenty of time for the Clemson game.

So, Eliza went to sleep for her nap, and when she woke up her eye was swollen again, so Mom and Dad convinced me to call the doctor just to make sure. Well, I called the service twice, and the on call doctor(not from Cooper River Peds) never called me back. Nice. Anyway, I still wasn't too worried, but I was angry the doctor never called. (I did call the doctor's office Monday to tell them that no one called me, and they were very apologetic. The nurse said a mosquito could cause the swelling, and then I got a call from Eliza's doctor making sure everything was okay.)

Of course, Spencer was in his room for 2 hours for a nap, but he decided he didn't need one until he was in the chair and it was supper time.
Why are things always so interesting when one spouse leaves?

1 Comments:

  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Anne said…

    Legare used to naps just like Spencer. And he was always so hard to wake up for supper that I got to where I would just put him straight in his bed. And he made it all the through the night.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home